Our asset management and advisory businesses are registered with the relevant regulatory authorities in the jurisdictions in which they operate.
In the United States, Forum Partners Investment Management LLC is is an exempt reporting advisor (“ERA”) with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”). Additional information about the adviser is available on the SEC’s website at www.adviserinfo.sec.gov.
Filing with the SEC as an exempt reporting adviser does not imply a certain level of skill or training.
Forum Partners Europe (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK (Firm Reference Number 464560).
Note Regarding Assets under Management
Forum Partners is a global real estate and asset management group consisting of various entities (the “Forum Group”). The assets under management (“AUM”) of the Forum Group are based on the assets managed by the entire Forum Group in totality (“Forum Group AUM”).
The Forum Group includes private equity, debt advisory and investment advisory and management businesses.
In line with and as required by relevant regulatory and legal requirements, the Forum Group investment advisory and management businesses are registered with the relevant regulatory authorities in the jurisdictions in which they operate.
- The private equity business is focused on Forum Partners Investment Management LLC (“FPIM LLC”). FPIM LLC, directly or through certain affiliates, provides investment advisory services to privately offered pooled investment vehicles sponsored by FPIM LLC or its affiliates that invest in structured equity and debt investments in European or Asian listed and private real estate companies (the “Forum Funds”). FPIM and its relying advisers are registered with the SEC as an investment adviser. As such, in accordance with the Form ADV Instructions for Part IA instruction 5F., FPIM’s SEC regulatory AUM (“SEC RAUM”) is calculated based on those assets over which FPIM and/or its Relying Advisers provide continuous and regular supervisory and/or management services – i.e., the assets under management in respect of the Forum Funds. FPIM’s SEC RAUM is set out in FPIM’s Form ADV which can be accessed via the SEC’s website at www.adviserinfo.sec.gov or via link provided above.
- The debt advisory business is focused on Forum Advisors Management Limited (“FAML”). FAML provides non-discretionary debt advisory services.
- The investment advisory and management business refers to other entities within the Forum Group which offer investment advisory and management services to both the Forum Group and third parties where doing so does not constitute a conflict of interest for FPIM.
No Offers or Reliance:
The information on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell any securities or the solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities. Such offer may only be made by means of an offering memorandum, which would contain, among other things, a description of the applicable risks.
Forum makes no representations that transactions, products or services discussed on this website are available or appropriate for sale or use in all jurisdictions or by all investors. Those who access the site do so at their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws or regulations.
While Forum uses reasonable efforts to obtain information from reliable sources, we make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of any third-party information or document on the site. Forum undertakes no obligation to update publicly or revise any information herein, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise. Opinions and any other content on the site are subject to change without notice.
This website does not provide investment or other advice, and no information or material on this website is to be deemed a recommendation to buy or sell any securities or is to be relied upon for the purpose of making or communicating investment or other decisions. In addition, no information, content or other materials contained on the site should be construed or relied upon as investment, legal, accounting, tax or other professional advice or in connection with any offer or sale of securities. Any transactions listed on the site are included as representative transactions and are not necessarily reflective of overall performance.
Tax considerations, fees and other fund and transaction costs may significantly affect the economic consequences of any transaction referenced on this site and should be reviewed carefully with one’s investment and tax advisors. Forum does not advise on the tax consequences of any investment.
Past performance is not indicative of future results; no representation is being made that any investment will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those achieved in the past, or that significant losses will be avoided. The price or value of investments referenced on this site, directly or indirectly, may rise or fall.
Investment concepts mentioned on this site may be unsuitable for certain investors depending on their specific investment objectives and financial position. Where a referenced investment is denominated in a currency other than the investor’s currency, changes in rates of exchange may have an adverse effect on the value, price of or income derived from the investment.
Third-Party Content and Linked Sites:
References on this site to any names, marks, products or services of third parties, or hypertext links to third-party sites or information or content provided by third parties, are provided solely as a convenience to you and do not in any way constitute or imply our endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation of the third party, its information, materials or services. We are not responsible for the practices or policies of such third parties, nor the content of any third-party sites, and do not make any representations regarding third-party materials or services, or the content or accuracy of any material on such third-party sites. If you decide to link to any such third-party sites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
UK Stewardship Code Disclosure:
Under the Financial Conduct Authority Rule COBS 2.2.3R, Forum Partners Europe (UK) LLP (the “Firm”) is required to make a public disclosure in relation to the nature of its commitment to the UK Financial Reporting Council’s Stewardship Code (the “Code”).
The Code was published in July 2010 by the Financial Reporting Council, the UK’s independent regulator responsible for promoting high quality corporate governance and reporting to encourage investment.
The Code is directed, in the first instance, to institutional investors, by which is meant asset owners and asset managers with equity holdings in UK listed companies. The Code aims to enhance the quality of engagement between institutional investors and investee companies to help improve long-term returns to shareholders and the efficient exercise of governance responsibilities. It sets out good practice on engagement with investee companies and is to be applied by firms on a “comply or explain” basis.
The FRC recognises that not all parts of the Code will be relevant to all institutional investors and that smaller institutions may judge some of the principles and guidance to be disproportionate. It is of course legitimate for some asset managers not to engage with companies, depending on their investment strategy, and in such cases firms are required to explain why it is not appropriate to comply with a particular principle.
The seven principles of the Code are that institutional investors should:
- publicly disclose their policy on how they will discharge their stewardship responsibilities;
- have a publicly disclosed, robust policy on managing conflicts of interest in relation to stewardship;
- monitor their investee companies;
- establish clear guidelines on when and how they will escalate their activities as a method of protecting and enhancing shareholder value;
- be willing to act collectively with other investors where appropriate;
- have a clear policy on voting and disclosure of voting activity; and
- report periodically on their stewardship and voting activities.
The Firm does not currently comply with the Code because the firm’s investment strategies predominantly involve private equity real estate and other alternative, unlisted investments. As such, neither the Firm nor its affiliates or funds managed or advised by any of them, do not generally invest in shares of listed companies listed on any exchange, whether in the UK or elsewhere.
Although the Firm both supports and seeks to align its approach with the objectives set out within the Code, the provisions are not deemed to be relevant to the type of investment activity currently undertaken by the Firm. Should any material changes occur to the Firm’s investment strategies, the Firm will review the nature of its commitment to the Code at that time and update any relevant disclosures.
If further information is required on this subject, please contact Forum Partners’ Compliance Officer, Richard Jobling at firstname.lastname@example.org, who is based in our London Office.
FCA Pillar 3 Disclosure Statement:
Please find the FCA Pillar 3 Disclosure statement for Forum Partners (UK) Europe LLP here.