LAST UPDATED: 29 October 2018
This statement sets out how Forum Partners Europe (UK) LLP (“Forum Partners”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data (“personal information”). This notice gives individuals information on how their personal information (i.e. information which directly or indirectly identifies you) is processed.
This statement also sets out why we use your personal information (as a controller) and how you may contact Forum Partners in relation to the use of your personal information.
WHO ARE FORUM PARTNERS?
Forum Partners is a global real estate investment and asset management firm. Founded in 2002, Forum is recognised for investing in and alongside public and private real estate companies, with a focus on income and capital preservation.
Forum Partners conducts the firm’s business in accordance with the highest ethical standards, respecting the firm’s customers, suppliers, and other business counterparties, dealing responsibly with the firm’s and clients’ assets, and complying with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect certain personal information with respect to institutional clients, other business relationships and employees/applicants, including by way of example:
- Name and contact details
- Tax information
- Nationality, passport or other identification documents
- Details of role responsibilities
- Information on investigations, litigation, court proceedings, civil liabilities or criminal convictions against you
- Employee information required for HR purposes (including payroll, job history) and
- Where permitted, information received from credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies and from other public sources such as Companies House.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information for:
- The provision of products and/or services to clients or investors in our funds
- Managing business relationships with you
- Archiving documents (electronic and paper based)
- Detecting and preventing fraud and/or money laundering
- Statistical analysis and assessment,
- Job applicants, employee and training records
- Communicating with you, and
- Otherwise as is necessary to comply with applicable laws, regulations and/or codes of practice.
The provision of personal information by you may be necessary in order for us and other third parties (to which personal information may be disclosed) to provide you with the requested services, for the performance of any contractual relationship with you and for the other purposes as set out in this notice, where in our legitimate interests.
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose certain personal information:
- To Forum Partners which consists of Forum Partners Investment Management LLC and its subsidiaries.
- To courts, governmental and non-governmental regulators, tax authorities and ombudsmen
- To law enforcement agencies or as otherwise required under law or regulation;
- To any third party that acquires, or is interested in acquiring, all or part of our assets or shares, or that succeeds us in carrying on all or a part of its business, whether by merger, acquisition, reorganisation or otherwise
- To credit reference agencies who may use it to perform credit reporting and affordability checks for us and to verify your identity (e.g. age and residence), and to prevent and detect criminal activity, fraud and money laundering and
- To fraud prevention agencies who will use it to prevent fraud and money-laundering and to verify your identity, and
- To our agents, advisers or outsource providers in order to provide agreed products or services.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
We may transfer your personal information to recipients (including subsidiaries of Forum Partners) located in countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) including in USA, Hong Kong and Australia. In those instances, we will take all necessary steps to protect your personal information in accordance with applicable data privacy laws.
Under applicable EU data privacy laws, you may have a right to:
- Request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal information
- Obtain restriction of processing or to object to processing of your personal information, and
- Data portability (i.e. to request the transfer of personal information from one data controller to another in certain circumstances).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights you should contact Forum Partners as described below. You also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal information with your local data protection authority.
SECURITY AND DATA RETENTION
Forum Partners strives to maintain the reliability, accuracy and completeness of all personal information it holds to protect privacy and security at all times. The security measures in place on our websites and computer systems aim to prevent the loss or misuse of the information we hold.
We update and test our security and technology on an ongoing basis. Access to personal information is restricted to those employees responsible for providing benefits or services to you. Employees at Forum Partners are regularly trained on the importance of confidentiality and keeping your information is kept private and secure.
Subject at all times to applicable laws, we will retain your personal information for a period up to 7 years from the end of the relationship.
Forum Partners reserves the right to monitor, restrict, delay, intercept and/or record your communication with us. All types of communication such as mails, voicemails, telephone calls or emails can be monitored to comply with regulatory obligations. Forum Partners may reject, restrict, delay or remove communications which may disrupt our system or pose a security risk. Offensive, unwanted content or spam will be filtered out or destroyed.
HTTP COOKIES IN USE ON THIS SITE
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can find more information about cookies on the following websites:
- Your Online Choices website: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk
- About Cookies website: http://www.aboutcookies.org.uk
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
MORE ABOUT OUR COOKIES
Our own cookies
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
TURNING COOKIES OFF
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
You can also choose to refuse consent to third party cookies here:
Opt out of Google Analytics by visiting http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may revise and/or supplement our privacy notice from time to time to reflect (including but not limited to), any changes in our business, law, regulation, markets and/or the introduction of any new technology.
ENQUIRIES, REQUESTS OR CONCERNS
All enquiries, requests or concerns regarding this notice or relating to the processing of your personal information, should be sent to Forum Partners Europe (UK) LLP, 7th Floor, 16 Berkeley Street, London W1J 8DZ or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to contact the Information Commissioner, who regulates compliance with Data Protection regulation and laws at: ico.org.uk.
You can also call the ICO on 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545 745 or you can write to them at:
Information Commissioner’s Office